Source Brent Council: We stand with Ukraine | Brent Council
Brent stands in solidarity with the Ukrainian people and condemns Russia’s unprovoked and unjustified invasion of the independent nation of Ukraine, in violation of international law.
Read more about the statement, which was agreed unanimously at Full Council on 24 February. We have a long and proud history of supporting refugees in Brent and are ready to do so again.
As the most diverse borough in the UK we know that lots of our residents, including Ukrainian and Russian citizens, feel strongly about the situation and will want to help those affected by the invasion.
The council is not collecting donations directly, but we have compiled a list of organisations and appeals that residents might consider supporting.
- The Red Cross has set up the Ukraine Crisis Appeal, which is requesting donations to respond to humanitarian needs through food, water, first aid, medicines, warm clothes and shelter
- Unicef has set up a specific fund to protect children in Ukraine
- The UN refugee agency helps refugees fleeing situations of war and has a specific collection for Ukraine
- Care International is running an emergency appeal to provide emergency food and water
- The Ukrainian Embassy has set up a special fund to support Ukraine
- Choose Love are appealing for donations for supporting projects who are providing vital aid and services to those still in and fleeing the country, including: emergency medical care, food, shelter, clothes, legal support, support for the LGBTQIA+ community and mental health support.